dinsdag 28 maart 2017

Blog Hop!

This is the 2nd Party Post to go to the 1st one click here

And now it's Blog Hop time!!!


The design team ladies really did a beautiful job creating projects with this free birthday image!
(Go to the first party post to see how to get her!)

Lets go Blog Hop!
1. Wanda
3. Sara
Leave a message on this and the DT's blogposts for a chance to win a stamp of your choice! You have untill April 2nd.

***

Now sharing with you my mixed media canvas:

I colored her up using the techniques from the K&C sunset project class and then turned it into a mixed media project.


Now my camera isn't being very nice to me and the pinkish layer (rv10, 000, 0000) I added in the sky and in the clouds isn't showing, it just looks white..

Background colors are listed in the class.

The Copic colors for the girl:
Skin: E04, 11, 21, 00, 000 R20
Hair: E18, 15 YR23 Y21
Blue: B39, 37, 26, 34, 32, 00
Pink: RV09, 06, 04, 02, 000
Cat: C05, 03, 01, 00

Also the whole canvas is gorgeously shimmering which you can't see very well on the photo's, I tried making another photo in the sun and I have a closeup of the embellishments:





Aren't they pretty!

Products used:
Lindy's Magicals: Coton Candy Pink, Pretty in Pink Pink, Tiffany Lou's Blue & Lucky Shamrock green.
Distress ink: Picked Raspberry
Modeling paste and baking soda because it was to thin
Pink Glitter washi tape
Straws
Rose ribbon
Feathers and all sorts of Flower Embelishments
Glue gun

The blueish canvas background I did a long time ago when I first got my magicals and mists, and I cant remember which colors I used I think the Tiffany Lou's Blue with some coton candy pink to get the more lilac tone. 

The Butterfly is a stencil made with distress ink.
The lace flowers are a tim holtz stencil with modeling paste and then waterpainted with the magicals.

Now the feathers, paper flowers and the pink and purple wooden flowers where already colored. I just added some shimmer with Lindy's Magicals waterpaint style. 
After painting on the feathers I dabbed them with a paper towel to dry them and just the glitter remained.
The greenish wooden flowers where wood colored and also painted with lindy's Magical but using way less water to ge the coverage.

Well I think that was it for now!

Please join us on facebook for more!

42 opmerkingen:

  1. I like the color palette and how that girl looks on the meadow.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. thank you I dont usually work with that much blue but love how it turned out :)

      Verwijderen
  2. This is gorgeous! And the image is so cute!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. You colored the free digi so beautifully! I love your mixed media project! So stunning!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love this mixed media piece. Eliza and her kitty sitting on the grass is so beautiful. Wonderful job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Such a fabulous mixed media project! I love your stamp and the gorgeous scene you've created for her. xxD

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks! used the Kit and Clowder class for the scene :)

      Verwijderen
  6. LOVE IT! Where did you bought the Canvas?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Whohooo... what an amazing project. I love the design and the colouration.
    Your project would fits with our challenge #3 (spring) at Do-Al(l) Kreatives! I like to invite you to play with us.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#3 – spring}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you I added it to the challenge :D

      Verwijderen
    2. Thanks for accepting! Wishing you best of luck!

      Hugs
      Alex

      Verwijderen
  8. Wow, this is very nice! I love the colours and the cute Image! Wonderful done!

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#3 – Spring)
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you :) i designed the image you can get it here if you follow the steps in the FB post:
      http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10158405226925324&set=gm.1140680889393512&type=3&theater

      Verwijderen
  9. What a lovely mixed-media piece! I love how you used the straws, I can never think of a good way to use them. Good luck in the challenges as well. ��

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. haha I know right! on cards they are always to thick to lay over eachother so I thought this would be the perfect time to use them! and thank you :)

      Verwijderen
  10. Happy birthday
    Your canvas is stunning. I haven't seen a heart-shaped one before

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, they sold the heart shaped one in a discount store :)

      Verwijderen
  11. Happy birthday. Thank you for the free stamp and blog hop. Lovely work by the design team.
    I love your mixed media canvas. Please enter it into our challenge at More Mixed Media anything goes with the option of green-a little or a lot
    http://moremixedmediachallenge.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/more-mixed-media-challenge-anything.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you :) glad you like it! and i entered your challenge :D

      Verwijderen
  12. Love your mixed media, something I still cannot quite master so I am in awe.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. pippa just keep trying! I had been starring at that blue painted canvas for a long time and I had no clue what to do with it. then i matched it up with the colored scene and I had the butterfly stencil i really wanted to use so I made a start.
      And then you just keep gathering embelishments and paint them in matching colors and just try and make little groups of those. The whole time I felt like what am I doing? But just keep going its like with coloring you cant see the result untill its done :)

      Verwijderen
  13. This is a gorgeous mixed media project! LOVE your coloring!!! Such a beautiful piece of artwork!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the MMM challenge blog! Also feel free to check out my blog, Jo's Scrap Shack, as I also have anything goes challenges every Friday!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ More Mixed Media Challenge Blog ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Gorgeous heart love all the texture and straw embellishments----Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Beautiful mixed media canvas :) Thanks for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff challenge blog.
    Tina DT

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. a wonderful creation....
    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge
    Hugs Anja

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Fantastic creation. I love the use of the feathers. Thanks for joining us at 'Do-Al(l) Creatives'. Jonnece DT

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Very pretty mixed media piece, Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Wow! Your mixed media canvas is gorgeous! I love it. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. Thank you so much for freebie and inspiration <3 <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. Wow! This is a stunning project and those embellishments are so pretty!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen